Search This Blog

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Star Popcorn Crochet Bedspread Pattern

I'm spending another couple days working on the stack of individual pattern leaflets   The majority of the leaflets match up to pattern already listed in a book, so I double check them to make sure I don't already have them listed.

Last night I was working on this 1938 leaflet from The Spool Cotton Company.


The design is a Popcorn Star Bedspread, vintage 1938 from The Spool Cotton Company.   Usually leaflets have an assigned leaflet number.  This one does not.  I was sure, however, that I already had the design.  So, I went on the hunt through the shop.    I thought I'd found the match .....


But, on closer look ... it's quite similar, but not the same.   This one is from Lily Mills, early 1940's, a Crocheted Swedish Spread ... but also stars in popcorn stitch.

So, I proceeded and entered the leaflet in the shop.   If I had to pick one over the other, I'd think that I'd go for the Lily Mills .... but that just might be the fringe calling me.   If you want to browse other crochet bedspreads, I've quite a few in the shop.

Thanks for dropping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment