Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

Knitted Afghan Patterns with Leaf Motif

Most everyone loves an afghan on the couch and or bed. It's a piece of comfort just waiting to be called upon. Wrapped around our shoulders, or feet; it is warm and soothing. I have a fair number of knitted afghans in the shop, but I think of all of them, I like the ones with the leaf motif the best. Whether plain or complex, there is just something so organic about the leaf that calls to me. Let me share a couple of my favorites with you.


Nantucket Afghan from Spinnerin: This design is also one of the shops favorite. The thick texture and diamond blocks are such a pleasing combination.

Leaf Afghan from Columbia Minerva: This design has an understated beauty, knit in contrasting shades with leaf and cable panels.
Laurel Leaf Afghan from Bertrand: This design is a colorful bit of simplicity, knit in three colors in an almost geometric way.

Lattice Leaf Afghan from Coats & Clark's: This beauty is panels of leaves worked in rows that give a lattice type effect. The design is knit in one color and has full lush fringe.
There are a few others, of course, but these are four definitely my favorite.
Thanks for dropping by,
Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment