Test

test test test test test test

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Pennsylvania Yarn Co, Chef Extraordinaire Advertisement

As I process the various pattern magazines, I always enjoying looking at, and sharing, the vintage advertisements. Frequently, the advertisements lead me to wonder about the company, product, etc. As in this case ... Pennsylvania Yarn Company and the Chef Extraordinaire; an advertisement featured in the Fall 1962 issue of McCalls Needlecraft.
Here's the advertisement ... and it's a quite adorable bottle cover. It's a complete kit, crocheted in 100% Virgin Wool, all for $2.25 prepaid. And, just in case you want to make multiples for gifts -- 3 for $6.00.
But what about Pennsylvania Yarn Co.? I performed a number of Google searches, (you know, Google knows everything!), and found absolutely nothing about them. I did find the address ... 707 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA.
It's a three story walk about that is now a combination of art gallery on the bottom and walk-up apartments. Definitely not a Woolen Mill. A property search shows it was turned over to non-profit art gallery status in 1991. And, that's the end of the trail.
I'd guess that Pennsylvania Yarn Co. probably operated out of one of the walk-up apartments and did ... well, at least patterns.
Now, guess I'd better get back to work.
Thanks for dropping by, 

No comments:

Post a Comment